Re: [PROPOSAL] update-binfmts - manages the binfmt_misc kernel module

Previously Jacob Kuntz wrote:
> perhaps the answer is to not use the Depends field as it exists today.
> create a new field called Kernel-Depends. i'm sure there's some way to probe
> a kernel/module tree for which options a given kernel has compiled in
> without having the configuration file that was used to build it.

But often I switch between kernels and install something for a kernel
I'm not currently running.. there is just no way you can make a
packaging-system support that properly without going through all kind
of nasty sillyness.

Wichert.

 / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
| wichert@liacs.nl                    http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |