Re: [WOODY/WOODY+1] Excess Internationalizion Data

On Sun, Apr 09, 2000 at 01:17:40PM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Apr 08, David Starner <dvdeug@x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu> wrote:
>
>  >So any opinions? Is it a solution in search of a problem? Would it
> Yes. If you don't need some or all catalogs, just write a shell script
> to delete them after each upgrade.

In which case if you need the space, you've already lost - IIRC, last
time I tried it installing more programs than the hard drive would take,
dpkg (apt?) blew up messily and left you to pick up the pieces. It
also doesn't handle a wide variety of data, leaving us to an endless
prolifiration of doc_name-lang packages, or Lang_Name Linux 6.0's (if
we won't or can't provide doc's in the appropriate language.)

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
Only a nerd would worry about wrong parentheses with