Re: i386->powerpc cross compiler

"David N. Welton" wrote:

> Any plans to create an i386 to powerpc gcc crosscompiler package?  I
> think we'd increase our popularity amongst the embedded folks who use
> PPC.

I've been thinking about this just recently.
We are developing an embedded product using the mpc860 and maybe a mpc8260.
There is the HardHat Linux distribution which is based on RPMs but I think you
have to buy a maintenance contract at US$5000 per developer per project.
I was thinking about making a Debian distribution for embedded powerpc
processors.  I don't know where to start but I figured that all the sources
would be the same as the powerpc workstations, just the compile flags need to be
changed (ie. -mcpu=860, -fsoft-float, etc).
I was thinking about native powerpc builds and i386 cross-builds.
Does this sound feasible ?