New volunteer

    I am very interested in Open Source Software, of
course in Linux O.S. I have in my computer
Debian Linux installed (Slink 2.1 upgraded to the
frozen version 2.2).
    I also have Windows because I work in a company
that only works with MicroSoft. My job is creating
installation programs for comercial software and
testing the product. But I want to program, specially
in Linux.
    I have Debian Linux and only use as a user. My
principal knowledge is in installing, because first
I have RedHat and now Debian 2.0, then Debian 2.1.

    My knowledge isn't great but I can learn very
quickly, more quickly if it is interesting. Here is a
list of all my knowledge:

Windows:

    Installation programs:
            Microsoft SMS Installer (expert)
            Wise Solutions InstallMaster (expert)
            InstallShield for Windows Installer (very
good)
    Programming:
            Visual Basic 5.0 and 6.0 (very good)
            Visual C++ 5.0 and 6.0 (good)
    User:
            Windows registry (very good) --> needed
for installations
            office applications (good)

I know that my knowledge in Windows world is not
necessary but it
explains better my knowledge.

Linux:

    User:
            Administrate computer
            Installing programs (I install Linux four
or five times
testing different distributions
        before choose Debian)
    Programming:
            C (good) --> I haven't any idea of Debian
methodology or
programming structure
            Java (little) --> enough to understand
code (not for
programming)

Languages:

        Spanish (Write: very well, Read: very well)
        Catalan (Write: very well, Read: very well)
--> My matern
language (from Catalonia, Spain)
        English (Write: well, Read: well)
        French (Write: bad, Read: i can understand)

My primordial interest is to help to develope I new
program more than
maintain an old one.

Well, that's all. I'm waiting for your news,

            Miquel Jordana Vilamitjana
            Sta. Perpetua de la Mogoda (Barcelona,
Spain)
            email : jordana@part.ccs.es