Re: How do I solve messed up package version numbers?

On Wed, Apr 12, 2000 at 10:00:23AM +0100, Oliver Elphick wrote:
> I made a silly mistake in the version numbers of postgresql.  The package in
> woody is 7.0-0.beta3-1 instead of 7.0-0.beta3.1.

Huh? Why do you want beta3 in the debian revision? Isn't the beta3 part
to do with the upstream version?

Are these betas of 7.0? ie, is 7.0 meant to be better than 7.0beta3? You
can use versions like `7.0-release-1' to get around this when the
release happens.

Cheers,
aj

I don't speak for anyone save myself. GPG encrypted mail preferred.

 ``<dark> Weeks are the same thing as months.  That is the
         secret behind the Debian release schedule.''
                          -- Richard Braakman, Debian Release Manager