RE: Corel's distro and the GPL

> I mailed him a listing of all of the files that are on
> the CD (it's large, so I didn't include it here).
> I wouldn't consider myself an expert, but the source for the Free
> binaries does not seem to be there.  I think this would be a
> violation of the GNU GPL.
> 	Bradley mentioned that the distribution may be based on the
> Debian release, and that you all may have some insight into
> Corel's release.
> The source may be in files that I don't recognize.  I will be
> writing Corel within the next couple of days.  If you have any
> insight, I would like to hear it.

Tim,

Corel is based on Debian.  There could be one of two things
happening:

1.  They assume that the Debian archive provides sufficient
access to the source code to be in compliance with the FSF.

2.  They may provide links on their website to the sources.

We don't have real detailed interaction with Corel, so it's
hard to say what their intent is.  However, I don't believe
they are intentionally doing anything wrong.  You might want
to post to debian-legal to see if they have any comments
on this issue.

Thanks,

-Brent