Re: Packages removed from frozen

On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 12:54:02PM +0200, Richard Braakman wrote:
> > > Package: epic4 (debian/main).
> > > Maintainer: Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>
> >
> > Did you even read the bug report?
>
> Yes, and it's the second such bug report on the new version of epic4,
> which you assured me was a good replacement for the old epic4.  You
> gambled and lost.

I agreed it was RC?  I didn't downgrade it because the fix was to be
available at the beginning of THIS week.

> > The bug was filed less than a week and I was told to expect a patch on
> > Monday for this bug (only)..
>
> It is now Tuesday.  The test cycle has started.  A patch next week is
> going to be too late in any case for this cycle.  You can aim for the
> next cycle, if we have one.

Yes, and I should have the bugfix in a few hours - as soon as hop gets to
work in fact.

> > I'm somewhat annoyed by this action, the fact that I was given NO WARNING
> > WHATSOEVER on any list, nor even a chance to fix the bug.
>
> You got a release-critical bugreport in your mailbox. You agreed it was
> release-critical.  It sucks that the bug popped up so close to the
> start of the test cycle, but that is always going to happen to some
> packages.

You never announced a test cycle.

// Minor lesson: don't fuck about with something you don't fully understand
        -- the dosdoom source code