Re: [bas@medeia.dhs.org: Re: Release-critical Bugreport for May 12, 2000]

> From: Bas Zoetekouw <bas@medeia.dhs.org>

> Thus spake Daniel Burrows (Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu):
>
> > > Package: gnomeicu (debian/main)
> > > Maintainer: Edward C. Lang <edlang@debian.org>
> > > [REMOVE] at next test cycle, if no fix is available. (RB)
> > >   63138  gnomeicu: gnomeicu-client segfaults
> > >   63139  gnomeicu: gnomeicu crashes on user addition
>
> >   Both these packages work fine for me.  Does "release-critical" mean "doesn't
> > work for one user of the distribution"?
> >
> <AOL>
> me too!
> </AOL>
>
> But seriously, gnome-icu runs perfectly with me (and everybody else I
> know). Both bugs were reported by the same person (Alexey Vyskubov
> <alexey@byte-unix.piter-press.ru>) and he didn't react
> to the maintainer's question to provide more info on his local
> configuration. The problems are probably caused by a local
> misconfiguration and IMHO the bugs should be downgraded.

alexey@byte-unix.piter-press.ru is me (at work). There was no [unanswered]
questions from maintainer. He asked me about anything particularly unique
about my setup. I answered that nothing except LANG=ru_RU.KOI8-R. After that
(April, 28th) I received no messages or questions from maintainer.

There is no local misconfiguration, I'm sure. I'm not new user of Linux or
Debian.

--
Alexey Vyskubov
(at home)