Re: How to use/test locally packaged software?

On Fri, May 12, 2000 at 04:09:13PM -0400, Christopher Lee wrote:
> I just wanted to avoid having my packages marked as "obsolete" in
> dselect and to learn more about how Debian works....  Gzipping the
> Packages files finally got this to work with apt, but I thought that
> there might have been some scripts already set-up and packaged for
> this sort of thing.  Now that I understand it a little more, I've got
> some partially written for my own archive....

rm -f Packages Packages.gz
dpkg-scanpackages . /dev/null | tee Packages | gzip -9 > Packages.gz

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

   "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people
      very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams