Re: ["Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@sk.tsukuba.ac.jp>] Re: apt-get

On Mon, 15 May 2000, Joey Hess wrote:

> Paul Seelig wrote:
> > While he is a bit exaggerating it stroke me as well, that a minimal
> > Debian installation (speaking about potato) has been increased to
> > become around some 80 MBs.  In slink this used to be under 50 MB.
>
> I just untarred potato's base.tgz, and it was just over 40 mb. So no, we
> really haven't bloated.

Try a fresh installation of potato, then reboot the new system for the
first time and complete the installation by silently quitting the tasksel
screen without choosing anything.  You'll end up with some 79 MB disk
space consumption. That's what i've been writing about.  Maybe i should
have canceled earlier...

> > Yes, i found some of these as well.  My favorite (not!) is the
> > qt-devel package which always tries to force me to install the various
> > MBs large qt-doc package as well.
>
> Package: qt2-doc
>
> I remember filing a bug on this ages ago. As you can see, it's fixed.

I should have made it clear that i was writing about qt1 (the non-free
one), sorry.
                                     Cheers, P. *8^)
--
   ------------ Paul Seelig <pseelig@mail.uni-mainz.de> -------------