Re: orphaning gqview and gqmpeg

On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 08:20:44AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Mon, 22 May 2000, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
>
> > gqmpeg 0.7.x is out, bad news is it uses gdk-pixbuf, which is yet another
> > useful GTK+ library that GNOME has ensured only GNOME hackers can play with.
> Please could you explain (or give a link) what means "only GNOME hackers".
> I thought about using gdk-pixbuf instead of imlib-rendering in my programs
> but I don't want to make my programs dependend from any gnome lib.  It
> should be plain GTK+.

Its the sort of comment that grumpy people who don't like GNOME make. The
reason that the Debian packages for libgdk-pixbuf depend on GNOME debs is
that they include libgnomecanvaspixbuf. If this was split off into another
package then they wouldn't. But that might be too hard. Lets blame GNOME.

Ian

--
Ian  McKellar |    Email: yakk(a)yakk.net |    Web: http://www.yakk.net/
Area: +61 (8) | Home: 9389 9152 | Fax/Voice: 9260 2903 | Work: 9384 4700