Re: orphaning gqview and gqmpeg

On Tue, 23 May 2000, Ian McKellar wrote:

> Its the sort of comment that grumpy people who don't like GNOME make. The
It's not a question whether to be grumpy or not or whether to like Gnome
or not.  I just don't want to make a small program dependent from a
really big package without any need to do so.

> reason that the Debian packages for libgdk-pixbuf depend on GNOME debs is
> that they include libgnomecanvaspixbuf. If this was split off into another
> package then they wouldn't. But that might be too hard. Lets blame GNOME.
I just wanted to know if gdk_pixbuf *IS* independend from Gnome.
*IF* it is I'd like to suggest to make also the package independent
from Gnome because this might make sense not only for me.  (Actually
it wouldn't make sense for me because I doesn't use it at this very moment.)

Please don't let it end in another flamewar about Gnome and if we
are at this topic we should also flame KDE because it is so much
fun to flame on it.
Please keep on the facts without blaming anything and put things in
separate packages if there are separable things in it.

Kind regards

          Andreas.