Re: Vector processor on the G4 chip

Arthur Edwards wrote:

> Can gcc and, by extension, g77 access the vector processor on the G4 chip? If
> not, is there a commercial, Debian-compatible, Fortran compiler that does?
>
> (I put this on the power-pc list and have not gotten a response.)

The stock gcc, AFAIK, doesn't throw in any high-perf. Altivec optimizations.
There was the news of a compiler (a gcc extension?) that did it on slashdot.
So you may want to search for that (along with some rumors on a PPC Linux distro
based on it IIRC)

--
 +  Eray "exa" Ozkural                   .      .   .  . . .