Re: 2.4.0!

On Fri, May 26, 2000 at 11:00:01PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > > http://ftp-master.debian.org/~ajt/
> > That's great - and COMPLETELY unofficial.  I didn't know about it,
>
> In reverse order. I haven't been all that shy about it, so I'm surprised
> you didn't know about it. On the other hand, yes, it is entirely
> unofficial atm. We're in the middle of a freeze (and have been ever
> since the above has worked well enough to be used), so I'm inclined to
> not try dividing effort between the above and frozen.

If it wasn't announced anywhere, that'd explain why I didn't know - I've
been busy with other projects and somewhat dissatisfied with a few things
happening in this project lately.  Long story and I doubt anyone really
cares, so I'll spare everyone the details.

> After potato's released, we'll see about getting it added into the
> dists/ hierarchy, and having some announcements. Or that's how I figure
> it anyway.

Packages in it need to be considered for inclusion into stable at some
point.  That's what was missing from the work joeyh and Shaleh put
together.  It was done, tested, stabilized, and then promptly ignored.

* knghtbrd is each day more convinced that most C++ coders don't know what
           the hell they're doing, which is why C++ has such a bad rap
<Culus> kb: Most C coders don't know what they are doing, it just makes it
        easier to hide :P
<Culus> see for instance, proftpd :P