Re: ITP: danish dictionary for aspell (adanish)

On Mon, 29 May 2000, Peter Makholm wrote:

> > (see package dictionaries-common under
> > http://master.debian.org/~rafael/dictionaries-common/ ), which
> > should allow to select dictionaries by using debconf.

> Looks nice (after quickly glancing over it).

The only problem is, that it needs some more polish.  I would like to
see it to be extended by a similar mechanism for aspell dictionaries.

> I think I will look more into the details before making the
> package. It needs some support (or parallel stuff) for aspell, but
> it is stupid to begin calling packages a<lang> if w<lang> and
> i<lang> is renamed.

That's what I wanted to say with my previous mail.

BTW: I don't know the Danish language, but did you find a way to
create a _small_ aspell dictionary?  In contrast to ispell AFAIK
aspell doesn't support suffixes, which means, that a German aspell
dictionary is awfully large (the same dictionary base needs 10MB for
aspell and only 2,3MB for ispell). Sometimes I think about creating
the aspell dictionary from the ispell dictionary on the fly while
unpacking...

Tschoeeee

        Roland

--