aptitude, bug #64518 (RC): Cannot reproduce, help!

  I cannot reproduce this bug using either the current development version or
the version against which it was reported.  I'll ask the submitter for more
information, but I haven't had much luck with people responding to my requests
for more information, in general :-\  Is there anyone else who can reproduce
this bug and give me detailed instructions on what to do to trigger it?
(if it's gone in 0.0.7, that's important information)
  I'm also wondering if the "local files" angle is a red herring, especially
since I just inserted a file: URL into my sources.list and everything seems to
work fine..  (although the display doesn't seem to register it, which I should
fix)

  The assertion in question should never fail unless my assumptions about the
meaning of the messages I get from the APT Acquire system are false, or I
screwed up somewhere :-)  I haven't had any problems with it myself, and I use
the program fairly heavily..

  Daniel

--
/----------------- Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu> -----------------\
|      If you're reading      |      "Is it too late to extricate myself      |