Re: Bertrand Meyer challenges some open-source assumptions.

Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> writes:

> On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 05:33:49AM -0700, Joseph Carter wrote:
> > It's not my problem.  He is not me and he does not represent me in these
> > or other interests.  Claiming that everyone who supports free software
> > feels this way is an obscene misrepresentation of not only myself, but
> > anyone else excluding specifically him.
>
> Well, now you see the problem. Meyer says it's not clear that Stallman,
> Torvalds etc don't hold the same view. Nobody claims that everybody
> who supports free software likes guns, but nobody is saying otherwise
> either. And Raymond is a publicity engine for free software, so people
> tend to think he represents most free software people. Quite reasonably so.

Meyer can shove that bit of juvenile insinuation up his
object-oriented ass, sideways.

Why should we even entertain such a pathetic peice of trashy rhetoric
by attempting to justify it as a real concern for the people of the
Free Software community?

--
Craig Brozefsky               <craig@red-bean.com>
Lisp Web Dev List  http://www.red-bean.com/lispweb