Re: Starting second test cycle

> I've installed the upgrade-{alpha,i386,m68k,sparc} directories provided
> by Anne Bezemer, probably too late to be picked up by today's mirror run.

Please, where ever this thing for sparc came from, delete it until it is
correct. The way it reads sounds like sparc upgrading is broken due to not
having a static apt/dpkg set. This is WRONG. I told Anne this, and it
looks like he ignored that. The document should atleast say in the "sparc"
section, this exact information. Until it does, I would like it removed.

I also told Anne that sparc slink->potato required a 2.2.x kernel. This
should also be in the sparc specific section (since it is already in the
"upgrade" section of the boot-floppies docs). It should also be noted (as
I told Anne) that sparc did not have a release prior to slink. This is all
very important information that I conveyed to the document writer, and
which is also already easily accesible from the boot-floppies docs.

IMO, all of this should be updated in the boot-floppies documentation to
avoid duplication. Then debian-cd can simply make symlinks in the CD
directory, and/or the archive can be linked. It's especially
disturbing that this document does not make any reference to the
boot-floppies documentation which *is* the official source for such info.

Ben