Re: Should we divide Debian to usable and unusable

On Sun, Jun 04, 2000 at 04:03:52AM -0700, Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira wrote:
> 	Hi,
> 	I understand your point. Lets hope that end users dont install woody or
> even potato. :)
> 	Package Pool can solve this issue.

Do you have any idea where we are going with package pool?

is it still just theory, or is there anything ready or under
developement..
or is there a mailing list for it?

On Sun, Jun 04, 2000 at 04:36:34PM +0200, Marcin Owsiany wrote:

> > > 	A normal user can only download the programms that he likes (less than
> > > 1.0 or not)
>
> Hasn't "experimental" been designed for such packages?
> If not, maybe it's usage should be extended to such usage?

Yes, to my understanding, but still i see these packages come out to
main and contrib, i think it should be made clearer for everyone that
experimental is not some frozen part of the distribution, it is for
uploading such packages which people can use.

Regards, Sami Haahtinen