Re: Should we divide Debian to usable and unusable

Thus spake Sami Haahtinen (ressu@uusikaupunki.fi):

> as i stated out in the beginning, i'm trying to think of this from
> the end users point of view, they don't understand that there can be
> two versions that you can download, 'stable' and 'developement'.. they
> expect there to be one version that works.

I agree half with you on this. Yes, you're right, beginners should not
touch development software (except for some exceptions of course).

But isn't this one of the reasons why we have an unstable and a stable
Debian distribution? The really unstable packages (like evolution) won't
make it into the stable distribution until they are usable. Beginners
shouldn't touch unstable and just use the stable distros, so I don't
think there is a problem at all.

--
Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw                  | ``Si l'on sait exactement    |