On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 07:16:20PM -0400, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 09, 2000 at 08:54:10AM +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 10:49:12AM -0400, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > why should i? i'm not opposed to you at all, i'm opposed to this stupid
> > and destructive proposal.
>
> You're not opposed to me?  Your earlier words belie that statement:
>
> Craig> maybe you should look for a career in marketing. you've certainly got
> Craig> a talent for spin-doctoring. a willingness to break promises shows the
> Craig> right ethical standard for the field too.
>
> This statement of yours has everything to do with me, and nothing to do
> with the proposal.

so?  i can argue with you and point out the errors of your ways without
being opposed to you in person.

the fact is that i have no problem at all with you in person, in fact
i kind of like you (or suspect i would if we ever met in person)...but
i do disagree very strongly with some of the things you say. it's not
often that i meet someone who has such an entertaining command of the
english language, and your highly developed capability for sarcasm is
extremely rare in an american.

> So, why don't you argue against the proposal instead of making a
> personall attack against me?

i was arguing against the proposal - by highlighting the slimy,
underhanded way in which you defended it. in order to defeat a proposal
(any proposal) is to also necessary to defeat some or all of the
arguments in favour of it.

your defence of the proposal disingenuously presented the proposal as
a minor technical change, rather than the reneging of a promise we had
made. that fact needed to be pointed out.

> > > Otherwise, kindly shut the fuck up.
> >
> > please take your own advice. your hysterical contortions are getting
> > a bit tedious.
>
> Please quote to me one hysterical contortion regarding John's proposed
> GR that I have made.

that's easy. search debian-devel. grep for anything with your name in
the From: header with a Subject line related to this General Resolution.

craig

--
craig sanders