Re: Release-critical Bugreport for June 16, 2000

On Fri, Jun 16, 2000 at 05:15:08AM -0500, BugScan reporter wrote:

> Package: glide2-base (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>
>   61171  glide2-base: test3Dfx linked to wrong library
> [HELP] glide2-base maintainer was going to fix it on March 27. (RB)
> </FONT>

Fix has been sitting in incoming.  This bug (and the deps for the voodoo3
version) were on dark's list of things for another test cycle.  I asked
him when this was going to happen and he said he was finishing up stuff to
start it.  I told him the fixed packages (which I have been trying to
upload since the LAST test cycle but somewhere or another ended up with an
md5sum conflict) would be there in 5 minutes - they were.

Apparently they didn't make it into the test cycle though, so either I
misunderstood dark or something.  They're there.  And I've been having to
give them out one copy at a time to every single newbie with a voodoo3
because they can't figure out what's wrong with the ones in potato.

Here's hoping for another freakin' test cycle soon so this bug will get
closed and people will stop emailing me about it not working every few
days.  Either that or I'm going to have to write form-letter-reply
instructions on how to use the damned thing.

knghtbrd: there may be no spoon, but can you spot the vulnerability in
eye_render_shiny_object.c?
        -- rcw