Re: ITP medusa

On Mon, Jun 19, 2000 at 12:16:36AM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 19, 2000 at 07:11:27AM +0900, Takuo KITAME wrote:
> > medusa is a GNOME search/indexing package.
> > But It is still very unstable.
> >
> > Should I upload this into project/experimental ?
>
> In what way is it unstable?

The code in it is changing daily, the number of files that are
associated with it change on a weekly basis.  It is desiegned to
work with another gnome application called nautilus which is not
released.  There is no released version of medusa.  API changes
occur every couple of days.  I would say it qualifies as experimental
if you are going to work on packaging it please contact me!  I am
the tools hacker for Eazel you can contact me at tools@eazel.com
I can give you some info on the state of nautilus, gnome-vfs, medusa
and a few other related modules that I have been working on.

-R*S
                                   415.305.5955
Robin * Slomkowski                 robin@slomkowski.net