Re: ITP: libdetect

"Jérôme Marant" wrote:

> Chris Lawrence <lawrencc@debian.org> writes:
>
> > I intend to package the hardware detection library "libdetect"
> > developed by Mandrakesoft as part of their Lothar project.
>
> I used to have a look to it months ago. You need the
> libisapnp.a but it doesn't exist since the isapnptools
> maintainer decided not to split the package in order to
> extract the library.
> Good Luck!

I looked into this myself ages ago and discovered dans debs, hes had
them available for a fair few months. I do hope libdetect does
eventually get into debian as it looks to be the best hardware
detection, it just needs a recognised debian maintainer to accept it.

Thanks
Glenn McGrath

At http://www.internatif.org/bortzmeyer/debian/sponsor/

Dan Helfman <witten@nospamplease.torsion.org> (he's looking for a
sponsor !)

     libdetect0: automatic hardware detection library
     libdetect-dev: development headers and static library for libdetect

     I also plan on packaging/Debianizing Mandrake's lothar (GUI
hardware detection/config util), which depends on libdetect.

     These packages are available here:
http://torsion.org/witten/debian/

At http://torsion.org/witten/debian there is the following

debs: