Re: Please test: Netscape 4.73 packages with CJK support

Hello OKAZAKI-san and others,

A new version, 4.73-19.4, is now available for download from the same
place.  I hope this should fix the printing problem experienced by
Japanese users.

On Mon, Jul 10, 2000 at 06:56:44AM +0900, OKAZAKI Tetsurou wrote:
> If the character encoding of Ryumin-Light-RKSJ-H, Shift-JIS, is
> different from the one selected by the value of pscode resource
> as follows, the answer is no.
>
> *documentFonts.euc-jp*pscode:           euc-jp
>
> I think that valid combinations of psname and pscode are
>
> *documentFonts.euc-jp*psname:           Ryumin-Light-EUC-H
> *documentFonts.euc-jp*pscode:           euc-jp
>
> and
>
> *documentFonts.euc-jp*psname:           Ryumin-Light-RKSJ-H
> *documentFonts.euc-jp*pscode:           shift_jis

Thanks for the note.  :-)  I have decided to go with your second example
(RKSJ and shift_jis) since it is the default used in Netscape.

> > (I wonder what "RKSJ" stand for.  Something-something-Shift-JIS?)
>
> Maybe it stands for the Roman alphabet and Katakana.

That's sounds right.  :-)

Cheers,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@ualberta.ca, foka@debian.org    University of Alberta, Canada