Re: The fate of libc5

"Martin Bialasinski" <martin@internet-treff.uni-koeln.de> writes:

> apt-cache showpkg libc5 will show the packages.

Actually, the reverse dependencies include (versioned) conflicts, so
that from there you could get the impression that libc6 depends on
libc5!

> Personally, I use the realvideo player.

Potato has only realplayer which is libc6.

FWIW, in our lab we use libc5 for the Linux bootdisk images (libc6
has a *much* larger footprint), so altgcc is a must. We'd be fine with
the libc5 moved from main to some more esoteric location, tough.

--
Robbe