Re: slink dpkg failed assertion/potato dpkg in slink

On Jul 11, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Josip Rodin wrote:
> > dpkg will most probably work fine... I doubt that dselect will compile
> > out-of-the-box, though :)
>
> dselect should compile just fine on slink I think.

I don't use it, so I'm not concerned.  What is bothering me is that I
can't build dpkg just because of problems with dpkg-doc.

- In general, how do I build just a single component from a dsc that
  is the source to multiple packages?

- In this case, looking at dpkg's Makefile.in, debiandoc2html is
  called with flags '-D. -h'; I don't know what -h is supposed to do
  here, but clearly -D. means to work in the current directory.
  Unfortunately, the version in potato and woody (1.1.41) doesn't seem
  to support that flag, and -h produces a usage message.  Help?