Re: slink dpkg failed assertion/potato dpkg in slink

On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 10:41:58AM -0400, Nick Cabatoff wrote:
> > > dpkg will most probably work fine... I doubt that dselect will compile
> > > out-of-the-box, though :)
> >
> > dselect should compile just fine on slink I think.
>
> I don't use it, so I'm not concerned.  What is bothering me is that I
> can't build dpkg just because of problems with dpkg-doc.

You can, you just have to skip the dpkg-doc build somehow. :)

> - In general, how do I build just a single component from a dsc that
>   is the source to multiple packages?

In general, there's no way. Individual packages may implement it in their
debian/rules somehow. Try 'fakeroot debian/rules binary-dpkg' in dpkg tree,
that should build just the dpkg package.

> - In this case, looking at dpkg's Makefile.in, debiandoc2html is
>   called with flags '-D. -h'; I don't know what -h is supposed to do
>   here, but clearly -D. means to work in the current directory.
>   Unfortunately, the version in potato and woody (1.1.41) doesn't seem
>   to support that flag, and -h produces a usage message.  Help?

Actually, it should be "-n -D." (that's how it is in my CVS checkout),
meaning it's an option to be passed on to nsgmls.