Re: RFC: A method to use Admin tools, like linuxconf

Hi,

	I think that most people would not disagree with you about the
 usefulness of a GUI based site configuration tool, what we are
 objecting to is designing the system to cater to the needs of a
 utility like this.

	We have a standard, accepted, and stable init facility, and I
 thik that should not be dismissed easily. By all means, let us have
 the GUI utility: but let use choose/design one that works with the
 system.

	Of course, if there is a technical reason why the alternate
 init method is better (and compellingly better, to offset the cost of
 radically changing the installed base, and compatibility with other,
 umm, linices).

	I think we should not have multitudinous init packages just
 for the sake of multiplicity, because of the incresed difficulty in
 diagnosing problems, and the confusion that may cause. (IMHO, of
 course)

	manoj
--
 "The greater the hold of government upon the life of the individual
 citizen, the greater the risk of war." John Hospers