ld.so and bad symlinks from other libs

 I just upgraded to ld.so.1.8.10, and when the postinst ran
'ldconfig', there where the following messages:

8<----------------------------------------------------------------->8
ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libslang.so.0 (No such file or directory), skipping
ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libreadline.so (No such file or directory), skipping
ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libhistory.so (No such file or directory), skipping
ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libpthreads.so.1 (No such file or directory), skipping
8<----------------------------------------------------------------->8

... these were easy to fix; they are symlinks to files that are not
there anymore.  I'm not sure, but I think that the libraries'
maintainers may need to adjust their postinst scripts???  Well, mine's
fixed.

 I am wondering about something now though.  Tell me if I'm wrong.
There should be three directory entries for each shared library.
eg:
libreadline.so.2.1
libreadline.so.2 -> libreadline.so.2.1
libreadline.so -> libreadline.so.2.1  (or should this point to so.2 ?)

 What is the correct configuration?

Karl M. Hegbloom <karlheg@inetarena.com>
http://www.inetarena.com/~karlheg
Debian GNU 1.2  Linux 2.0.28