Re: Packages I am working on: amaya and xIrc

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:

> Hi,
> >>"Igor" == Igor Grobman <igor@vaca.net> writes:
>
> Igor> BTW, should I take the lack of response as disapproval or as a
> Igor> lack of objections?  This should not apply to amaya, since I
> Igor> know several debian developers wanted it included.

> 	My personal take on this has been that if I get absolutely no
>  response I repost in a couple of days, and then assume I have the
>  approval of the silent majority, Or else, a few (I know, this is
>  quite subjective) approving emails/responses are held in the same
>  view as politicians view opinion polls.

> 	If I get an objection, then it is time for more detailed
>  discussions and attempts for  a consensus.

> 	manoj
> ps. I would like to have amaya, and am indifferent to xiirc (which
> means, by all means, go ahaead, I'm part of the silent majority ;-)

Actually, there may be quite a few people who want Amaya. I can't
claim it right now, because I will be rather busy for the next week or
so.

I do want to claim "thot" though.  I intend to package it within two
weeks time, and I also intend to add the ability to edit Debian-doc
files. I may not have the debian-doc stuff ready until summer, but it
will be very nice.  Right now, thot makes a nice WYSIWYG editor that
can export LaTeX, HTML and Postscript.

Right now, Amaya seems to have some problems with lesstif (version
0.75), so it and thot may have to wait a while before they will work
with Lesstif (it looks _very_ promising, though - some slight
behaviour problems with Text widgets and a layout problem - a
scrollbar shows up in the middle of the main window).

Steve
dunham@cps.msu.edu