Re: debmake: a compromise?

Hi,

>>"Christoph" == Christoph  <debian@waterf.org> writes:

Christoph> On Thu, 20 Feb 1997, Richard G. Roberto wrote:
>> I would personally like to see debstd help to generate a rules file
>> that could later be tweaked the same way debmake creates various
>> templates to be tweaked.  Adding verbose options to debstd would be
>> good as well.  I'd particularly like to see it have the ability to
>> tell you why its doing what its doing. Something like the output
>> from some "configure" scripts.

Christoph> That is a feature wanted. I would be glad if someone wrote
Christoph> a compiler like that but I certainly have not enough time
Christoph> to take care of it. I barely had time developing debmake
Christoph> using shell scripts...

	Fine. I understand being swamped, and needing help
 implementing a rash of feature requests. I'm trying to get started a
 requirements document for package build automation tools. If time is
 your major objection, then some of the rest of us can pitch in, and
 it would be great if you would consider folding our efforts back in
 to your package.

	manoj

--
 "I find this a nice feature but it is not according to the
 documentation. Or is it a BUG?" "Let's call it an accidental