Re: debmake: a compromise?

On Sat, 22 Feb 1997, Richard G. Roberto wrote:

> I think I'll just go back to Slackware and roll my own.  I'll no
> longer try to push Linux into my corporate environment (not until
> it matures both technically and culturally).  I have enough crap
> to deal with without dealing with your emotional baggage too.

I am really sorry to hear your leaving. I remember you starting off awhile
go taking over a package from me. Debian-devel is sometimes really hard on
people. Perhaps I am too. There is an issue here of communication through
e-mail that makes understanding difficult especially cross cultural
barriers. Nicolas (like me) is probably not a native english speaker and
might accidentally have hit some emotional buttons or not followed some
ways of communication that you are used to. Americans have this
expectation of a level of nicety which is often difficult to understand
for people from another culture.

> I like linux, and Debian, but this just isn't working out for me.
> Please remove me from the developer lists.  I'm abandoning two
> packages:

> dunc: a very laim attempt at automating a ppp connection
> rlpr: a very clever printing utility.
>
> Good luck everybody.  I wish the project well, it certainly has
> potential.

Thats for sure. If we just could agree some more instead of fighting each
other. Please stay and continue the attempt to understand one another. If
you have some vision on how to do things better then submit a package
doing just that.

Please always CC me when replying to posts on mailing lists.