Re: debmake: a compromise?

On Fri, 21 Feb 1997, Christoph wrote:
> I am really sorry to hear your leaving. I remember you starting off awhile
> go taking over a package from me. Debian-devel is sometimes really hard on
> people. Perhaps I am too. There is an issue here of communication through
> e-mail that makes understanding difficult especially cross cultural
> barriers. Nicolas (like me) is probably not a native english speaker and
> might accidentally have hit some emotional buttons or not followed some
> ways of communication that you are used to. Americans have this
> expectation of a level of nicety which is often difficult to understand
> for people from another culture.

Very true. As native German speaker I also experience this quite often
with American and English friends and Co-workers. Due to the lack of
virtue in the host language things often sound more harsh then intended.

Mike

Michael Neuffer                i-Connect.Net, a Division of iConnect Corp.
mike@i-Connect.Net             Home of the Debian Master Server.
mike@debian.org                14355 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 140
503.641.8774                   Beaverton, OR 97005