Re: debmake: a compromise?

>>"Christoph" == Christoph  <debian@waterf.org> writes:

Christoph> On Fri, 21 Feb 1997, Richard G. Roberto wrote:
>> Instead of having debstd execute the commands it now does, all I
>> want is for it to insert those commands into the rules file
>> instead.

Christoph> Debstd makes dynamic decisions based on file size etc etc
Christoph> and trough upgrading debstd you can update the packaging
Christoph> method etc etc. All those essential features are lost with
Christoph> your approach. Let someone else deal with those
Christoph> things.

	Not necesarily. I think I can implement a program that
 incorporates dynamic checks into a rules file, they are not mutualy
 exclusive. Again, please don't take this discussion as us asking you
 to spend loads of time on this that you don't have; if need be, we'll
 (or at least, I can speak for myself) pitch in and help; at this
 stage, however, I think it is important to identify what we perceive
 as missing functionality.

Christoph> If you have improvements then share them with me and all
Christoph> will benefit from it.

	Thank you. That is what we are trying to do: design
 what we think may be an improvement, implementation will follow.

	could we cool it, huh, people?

	manoj
--
 From pleasure arises sorrow, from pleasure arises fear, but he who is
 freed from pleasure has no sorrow and certainly no fear. 214