Re: Source dependencies

My thinking about source dependencies is more from the point of view
of the original packager than eventual package builder, perhaps...if
I'm packaging something with an unusual source dependency (say some of
the build is run under the control of Python scripts) then I would
feel more comfortable if there were a way to mark that something is
unusual.

One reason I was interested in source dependencies is for the issue of
compilers written in their own language (the example of "mocka" came
up recently).  In this case, the "mocka" package would have a
Source-depends on the "mocka" (binary) package.

Carl Witty
cwitty@newtonlabs.com