Re: GNU libc

On Feb 25, Michael Meskes wrote
> But why isn´t it possible to use the same lcoale support as
> before?  I always though the libc locale code is essantially the
> same as the glibc code.

If you mean the locale data files, as opposed to the locele utilities,
then either wg15-locale or glibc locales can probably be used.  Glibc
provided them so I packaged them.  This is all experimental at the
moment, remember.  I'm in no position to know which one is better.

The same holds true for the timezone.  However, in this case, I do
know that several data files in the timezone package are currently
wrong, but are correct in the glibc timezones package.

> Michael
> --
> Michael Meskes, Projekt-Manager      | meskes@topsystem.de, meskes@debian.org
> topsystem Systemhaus GmbH            | Phone: (+49) 2405/4670-44
> Europark A2, Adenauerstr. 20         | Fax:   (+49) 2405/4670-10
> 52146 Wuerselen                      | Go SF 49ers! Use Debian GNU/Linux!
>

> --

David Engel                        ODS Networks
david@sw.ods.com                   1001 E. Arapaho Road