Re: Problems with xlib6g - xlib6

On Thu, 9 Oct 1997, Luis Francisco Gonzalez wrote:

> Hi,
> after upgrading yesterday to the new xlibg6 - xlib6 tandem (3.3-6) from the
> xlib6 that came with bo, I can't use IDL anymore. I get the following error:
>
> IDL> window
> % Unsupported X Windows visual (class: StaticGray, depth: 0).
>   Substituting default (class: <UndefinedVisual>, Depth: 0).
> % Execution halted at:  $MAIN$
>
> I was wondering if anybody could suggest what's wrong. Other errors I had with
> idlde went away when I did the symlinks suggested for netscape.
>
> I need this to work and can't recompile my package with xlib6g if I need to
> downgrade so any suggestions would be appreciated.

This might be caused by a major bug in xlib6_3.3-6 that has been talked
about a lot in the lists. The easiest solution is to downgrade xlib6 to
3.3-5. If you can't find that version, get it from my ftp server at
cal011205.student.utwente.nl in /pub/debian/local/binary-i386 .

This version of xlib6 is compatible with xlib6g_3.3-6. You will only need
to downgrade the xlib6 package.

Remco