Re: pristine sources?

  Santiago>  This would be really package_x.y.orig.tar.gz, of course.
  Santiago> (i.e. no Debian revision level in the .orig source).

Sorry, my fault. Thanks for spotting this.

Worse, minutes after sending the 'works for me' message yesterday evening, I
tried it on the mirror package ... and it promptly failed for the very
reasons Erik outlined, ie braindead tarball that unpack in the current dir.
So in case anyone is still listening: "works for me with my GNUish sources"
is more accurate.

--
 edd@debian.org   http://rosebud.sps.queensu.ca/~edd   PGP KeyID 1024/6D7F08DD