Re: PostgreSQL

On Fri, Oct 10, 1997 at 11:46:28AM +0100, Oliver Elphick wrote:
> Mario Filipe wrote:
>   >	Actually we already have the thing compiled and running, we just would
>       >like to have some information on how to create the package! After that w
>       >e would continue to support it since we are working with it and keep up
>       >to date.
>
> Have you compiled it for libc6?
>
> I have still got problems with dates.  The latest version of libc6 (2.05) has
> cured a timezone problem, but there are still problems with intervals.
>
> Does your compilation pass all the regression tests?

I compiled it here fine the other day, but I didn't check
the output of the tests.

> There will be a problem with handling the update of users from postgres95
> to postgresql, because the database must be dumped and reloaded.  There was
> discussion about this a couple of months back.  This was the last I heard from
> Siggy Bentrup who is the current maintainer (not Emanuele as listed in
> the postgres95 package).

Perhaps the package needs to be called postgres62 then; done properly
users could have both installed and migrate themselves with dump etc.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt, StudIEAust              hamish@debian.org, hmoffatt@mail.com
Student, computer science & computer systems engineering.    3rd year, RMIT.