Safe to force libc5_5.4.33-6.deb on stable system with libc6?

Hi,

I've got a stable system on which I installed a few libc6 apps.

Now with the latest stable update, there is a new libc5_5.4.33-6 package --
but it conflicts with libc6.

The libc5_5.4.33-7 package out of unstable conflicts with libc5-dev, so I
don't want to install that (otherwise I'll end up upgrading a whole bunch
of stuff on my stable system, and then it won't really be a stable system
anymore).

I was wondering if there was a _real_ reason that libc5_5.4.33-6 conflicts
with libc6 -- or can I can safely install it using --force-depends or
--force-conflicts?

Cheers,

 - Jim