Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 10:49:14 -0500
From: John Venard <john_venard@qmgate.fnal.gov>
To: Erik Andersen <andersee@debian.org>
Cc: Tom Nash <nash@FNAL.GOV>
Subject: Nedit License

                       Subject:                               Time:10:38 AM
  OFFICE MEMO          Nedit License                          Date:10/10/97

Erik,

Your note to Mark Edel concerning the Nedit license has been referred to me.

We are changing the part of the license that seems to be in conflict with your Free Software Guidelines as follows:

In the fourth bullet paragraph under Terms and Conditions, first sentence, after ". . . shall be at no charge" add "except for nominal media and distribution costs."

This change will be implemented for all of our Fermitools postings.  It is our hope that this change will permit you to include Nedit in your distribution.

John Venard
Office of Research and Technology Application