Re: About the Breaks: field.

On 10 Oct 1997, Guy Maor wrote:

> One other thing is that dpkg can't resolve conflicts by reordering.  I
> expect Deity is calling dpkg one package at a time anyway, so this
> probably doesn't matter.

But that would be almost fatal for low memory systems! Dpkg takes a long
time to start if you are low on memory. When is has read the database and
is installing packages it is OK, but I definately wouldn't want dpkg to be
restarted for every single package I upgrade.

BTW, that would also require that you attend the whole process as every
package would be configured immediately after it would be installed and
before the next package would be installed. (sorry if my English is bad, I
hope you get the idea)

Remco