Re: Debian is still incompatible with Dell XPi Laptops

Steve Dunham <dunham@cps.msu.edu> writes:

> Is there any reason to use bzimage kernels?  Are our kernels large
> enough to require it?

I think it's required because we have to compile in every module under
the sun so we can handle all kinds of systems.  Without bzImages, the
kernel would be too big.

> (This problem bit me again today because I was trying to replace a
> working Red Hat 4.8 installation on my laptop with Debian.)

Try using the tecra disks under disks-i386/current/tecra (or something
similar).  Worked for me on a Fujitsu Lifebook that had the same
problem.

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>