Re: svgalibg1 | svgalibg-dummyg1 considered harmful

> a) it's right for only 6/20 packages[1] depending on svgalib, for
> the some of the other 14[2] it's a blatant lie, if you have
> svgalib-dummyg1 installed and install these packages, they'll be
> useless (e.g. luxman, lockvc, gravitywars, etc.).

That's true... Seems we've double-fixed the svgalib-dummy dependency
problem (no versioned Provides:).

Currently, svgalibg1 and svgalib-dummyg1 Conflict&Replace each other,
so that the user can easily change his mind and install the one in
place of the other, which I consider a Good Thing. Additionally,
svgalib-dummyg1 Provides: svgalibg1, which is now possible because the
dependencies don't have versions anymore with the current shlibs file.
With that, the svgalibg1|svgalibg-dummyg1 dependency in the shlibs
file isn't needed anymore.

You suggestion seems to be:

 - Both packages still Conflict&Replace each other.
 - svgalib-dummyg1 doesn't anymore Provide: svgalibg1
 - The shlibs file just contains "svgalibg1" as dependency
 - Packages that can work with the dummy lib replace the dependency
   somehow by "svgalibg1|svgalib-dummyg1".

Seems ok so far, just it's not very clean/easy to override
dpkg-shlibdeps' output, is it?

Roman