Re: YADQ...

Paul J Thompson wrote:

> YADQ.  (yet another DEITY question...)

Oh no!  Another acronym!!! 8)

> in its initial release, will diety have a console uder interface.  i got the
> impression from the web page that that would be put of until later in its
> development.  i feel the console interface is importnat because there may be
> people who can't run X.  (those with slower machines and/or ega monitors?  i
> used linux for 6 monthes with an ega monitor before i was able to get a vga to
> run X on.)

Deity will definitely have a text (slang) interface, but that is
currently
lower priority than the X11 version.  Afterall, the console users still
have
access to dselect.  If the widget set being built for the deity UI works
as
well as we hope, both the X11 and slang versions will be ready at the
same
time.  If not, the X11 version takes precedence. But keep in mind that
the
slang and cgi versions will be out ASAP after the X11 version becomes
available.

Thanks,

Behan

--