Re: prepackaged Debian GNU/Linux

sailer@sun10.sep.bnl.gov (Tim Sailer) writes:

> Steve Dunham wrote:

> > Paul J Thompson <thomppj@thomppj.student.okstate.edu> writes:

> > > i think something debian needs is an actual company behind them.  i am
> > > not saying we forget the non-profit status.  but maybe a seperate but
> > > still connected company which produces a manual and packages and sells
> > > debian.  like redhat, this would do alot to further the usage of our
> > > distibution.

> > Nah, what we _need_ are t-shirts and/or denim hats...

> heh.. I guess we aren't gonna get a logo. Someone pick a graphic,
> and I can have them made up at the ShirtShop 6 blocks away from me!

I like the one at the top of the web page..  Baby Gnu would also work.
(Like the one I colored - who was the original author?)

This really would be a neat thing to do, if someone wanted to do it.
I know that other free software products (e.g. Gnus) have done similar
things, and I'd much rather wear a Debian shirt than my (fairly nice)
Solaris 2.6 shirt... :)

Steve
dunham@cps.msu.edu