Re: Question about your new upload of libg++

Guy Maor writes:
> I found the problem:
>
> $ LD_PRELOAD=/lib/libpthread.so.0 ./dummy
> <uninitialized>
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> [status 139]
> $ LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libpthread.so.0 ./dummy
> <uninitialized>
>
> $ dpkg -S lib/libpthread.so.0
> libc6: /lib/libpthread.so.0
> libpthread0: /usr/lib/libpthread.so.0.6
> libpthread0: /usr/lib/libpthread.so.0
>
> After removing libpthread0 (which libc6 should conflict with), I get
> the segfault too.  :( I can, however, rebuild libg++.
>
> I'll have to investigate the problem more.

I had a libpthread problem as well. mydsql uses it and it would
seg fault when ever you tried doign a query. This was with libc6 2.0.5
installed. Copying the libpthread from 2.0.4 acrross from another machine
solved the problem.

I reported it as a bug against mysql thinking that maybe libpthread
wasn't compatible from 2.0.4 to 2.0.5 and mysql needing recompiling
with 2.0.5 but maybe the libpthread in 2.0.5 is just broken

Andrew

--
Dehydration - 34%, Recollection of previous evening - 2%, embarrassment
factor - 91%.  Advise repair schedule:- off line for 36 hours, re-boot

Andrew Howell
Perth, Western Australia			       andrew@it.net.au