Re: Question about your new upload of libg++

On Tue, Oct 14, 1997 at 10:55:11PM -0500, Rob Browning wrote:
>   g++ -o dummy -D_REENTRANT -lpthread dummy.cc
>
> Still segfaults when run, but only if I include the -lpthread.  It

Interestingly enough I was just conversing with the new maintainer
of mysql recently and we discovered that mysqld was segfaulting
on startup, due to libpthread (pre-libc6) still being installed.
I removed that (since it seems to be almost completely unrequired
in hamm, as libc6 provides it) and also checked for old
versions in /lib -- version 0.6 is the old one -- and now mysqld
works fine. Maybe this is causing your problem Rob?

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt, StudIEAust              hamish@debian.org, hmoffatt@mail.com
Student, computer science & computer systems engineering.    3rd year, RMIT.