Re: Question about your new upload of libg++

Hamish Moffatt <hmoffatt@mail.com> writes:

> Interestingly enough I was just conversing with the new maintainer
> of mysql recently and we discovered that mysqld was segfaulting
> on startup, due to libpthread (pre-libc6) still being installed.
> I removed that (since it seems to be almost completely unrequired
> in hamm, as libc6 provides it) and also checked for old
> versions in /lib -- version 0.6 is the old one -- and now mysqld
> works fine. Maybe this is causing your problem Rob?

Yes, that's why it was "working" for me.  It really does segfault:

(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/maor/./dummy
<uninitialized>

0x4001343c in __pthread_mutex_lock ()
Current language:  auto; currently c
(gdb) where
#0  0x4001343c in __pthread_mutex_lock ()
#1  0x400149bc in flockfile ()
#2  0x400e1fbb in putc_locked ()
#3  0x4007aee0 in endl ()
#4  0x400789e9 in ostream::operator<< ()
#5  0x8048628 in main (argc=1, argv=0xbffffd24) at dummy.cc:6

Incidentally, the reason it doesn't segfault when compiled staticly is
that the weak bindings of libpthread don't link then.

Guy